The Villa at Castello di Spannocchia
The Villa at Castello di Spannocchia is the original aristocratic family dwelling on the property. Built by the Spannocchi family in the 15th century, enlarged in the 18th century and then purchased by the Cinelli family in 1925, the Villa is furnished with many original antiques, paintings and family heirlooms. Seven well-appointed rooms with private baths are available on a nightly basis, and breakfast including many organic products from Spannocchia’s farm, is included in the price. Each room has a lovely view of the Villa gardens, the fruit and olive orchard, and our vineyards in the distance. Guests in the Villa and Fattoria have access to a number of shared spaces in the Castello building. Both the living room and library have large fireplaces, and the terrace offers sweeping views of the Spannocchia property and is the site for our daily gathering of guests, residents, and interns, to have a glass of wine and watch the sunset before dinner.
A traditional herb garden is located in the back courtyard where dinner is served outside in the summer months, and a 19th century park below the front yard called the “Giardino Segreto”, (Secret Garden), is currently being restored for use as an outdoor education site for guests and day visitors to learn more about the flora and fauna of Spannocchia. There is a common kitchen, with space for storing snacks and basic kitchen amenities for preparing meals when not out exploring the Tuscan countryside. A telephone and a shared computer are available for guest communication needs. The Villa and the Fattoria are open for guest visits from March 1 – December 1.